Winter Skin Care Routine

20:11 0 Comments A+ a-


So this winter has been a really long and very cold one and my skin has taken the hit from it.  But I have found products that have really helped me! So this has been my winter skin care routine.



My skin at the beginning of this winter was super dry and flaky. So I changed my normal moisturizer, Origins GinZing Energy-boosting moisturizer (which is amazing!) to the Clarins Hydra Quench Rich Cream moisturizer for very dry skin and it worked so well. It’s a lot thicker than the Origins one and absorbed into my skin nicely. It really helped with the flaking and got rid of the overall dryness. I use it in the morning and night.

For washing my face I have been loving the Roc Multi-Actions Make-Up Remover Milk. I was recommend this product because it’s a creamy product and better for dry skin. The lady at the counter told me that gel cleansers are made for people with oily skin, and that’s what I had been using. When I switched it has made a huge difference to my skin. It’s also a three in one product it cleanses, tones and moisturizes, but I still like to use another moisturizer after.  I have also been using the Make Up Forever Sens’Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser and it is so good at getting off all my eye makeup. It’s really genial even when I’m taking of waterproof makeup. 

My next step is my Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment. This is just for small blemishes and pimples. My skin at the beginning of the winter was pretty bad with acne and this spot treatment did help a lot with most of the acne but was not always affective. However my sister got amazing results from it so I guess it depends on your skin. Mine tends to be more stubborn then hers.


My last step that I normally do once a week is use a face mask. The one that I’ve been loving is the Glam Glow YouthMud. It pretty expensive (I think $40) but wow it works remarkably. It’s a mud mast so it dry’s hard on your skin. You put it on the blemishes on your face and you can see the oil being pulled out of your skin. You can feel the difference after one use and see it after about three.


As for my body this winter I’ve been loving Soap & Glory. There Hand Food has saved my dry hands. It’s so amazing, it absorbs into your hands really fast. I always use it at school in between classes and can write a note next period no problem. I’ve also been loving there Butter Yourself body butter in the Five-Fruits sent, it smells so good! It’s a thicker texture but absorbs into your skin pretty quickly, I normally put it on as soon as I get out of the shower.  The last product I’ve been loving is the Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Breeze body lotion. It’s a lighter moisturizer compared to the Soap & Glory one. But I love it because the smell reminds me of summer time!



This has been a terribly cold winter so far and I can't wait for it to be over and summer to come! I'll do another skin care routine when the warm weather comes around and I change up my system. 

What products have you been loving this winter?